Author Topic: CB Radios  (Read 2151 times)

bb63squid

• View Profile
CB Radios
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:28:52 PM »
I know this isn't specifically diesel related but I would be willing to bet a sizeable number of diesel owners have CB radios.

I installed my CB myself but am not getting the results I expected. Especially considering I have almost $250 into my setup so far.

Is anyone aware of a shop in the south bay that tunes CB radios to the antennas?

Given the time I could probably figure it out on my own but I just have too many irons in the fire to add this to my list of honey-do's.

1000EE-Monarch

• View Profile
Re: CB Radios
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »
Keep in mind that CB radios (at least legal ones) put out only 4 Watts which at that frequency is very little. Don't expect great performance.

There are some old-timers that make a hobby of seeing how far they can send a very weak radio signal.....

Too bad it's wintertime, in the summertime there's a Ham Radio (and electronic junk) swap meet once a month in San Jose that would be a good place to meet people into CB radio and get advice.
Alex K.

'01.5 3500 QC 4x4 6spd
'01.5 2500 QC 4x4 6spd

steveoh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fishyfish
Re: CB Radios
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »
I know a guy who is a Ham, and at one time or another did CB Radio. I believe you need a SWR meter, and you tune the antenna to the radio.. of course I may be wrong.

White Bear over at seastriper.com could most likely steer you in the right direction.

steve